Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The depth

I have a painting in my livingroom with a text, it reads; "it is not the length of life, but the depth of life". Often I read it and ponder over the words. To let the truth of those words go deeper in my heart and soul. To not get caught up with all the wants and needs that this world may bring about in our hearts, but to focus on the depth of life in the days I have on this earth and to make them count. I love you Jesus and I want to be close to you. To understand with my spirit this depth that You have to offer. To be able to turn my back on fleshly longings and to embrace Your Beauty and Truth with no regrets, but completely and totally. Draw me closer Lord, and as deep calls unto deep, may I answer you and come near to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment